>I had never heard the suggestion that Virgil's work had a significant
>influence on the works of medieval and renaissance writers.

>Could you please inform me of some references that would confirm this
>postulate?

To begin with, read the article on Virgil in the Oxford Companion to
English Literature. Then follow that up by reading Colin Burrows' chapter,
"Virgils, from Dante to Milton", in The Cambridge Companion to Virgil,
edited by Charles Martindale (1997), pp. 79-90, which has a list of
recommended "Further Reading" at the end.

Simon Cauchi
[EMAIL PROTECTED]