Are you trying to use GwsQueryEngine code outside of MapGuide beyond the
feature join functionality?

Looking at the history on these files suggest to me that the GwsQueryEngine
originated from AutoCAD Map and only the minimal amount of .h/.cpp files
needed for the feature join capability to work was brought across. It's the
only plausible explanation to me for why something like
GwsOperationHandler.h lacks a basic include guard, it must've been included
in a special way for their AutoCAD Map product, but this header is never
used in MapGuide, so it never triggered any compiler errors.

If you are indeed trying to use GwsQueryEngine code beyond its intended
purpose (feature joins) in MapGuide, I don't think we can even try to
support that scenario. All we can do is take your suggestions at face value
as long as it does not compromise the feature join functionality we need for
MapGuide.

- Jackie