I've been asked if it would be possible to move our databases to the cloud.
No platform has been chosen, however, it would likely be either Microsoft
Azure or Amazon Web Services. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect
MapGuide 3.1.2 to a cloud platform database?

I've come across Jackie's post regarding Azure PaaS (
https://www.mail-archive.com/mapguide-users@lists.osgeo.org/msg26602.html),
however we're on MapGuide 3.1.2 so not sure if that would be applicable.
Will that solution be included in the official release of MapGuide 4.0, or
could it be applied to MapGuide 3.1.2?

Apologies for not being able to provide more details regarding the cloud
environment; this is a high-level question that was brought up.

Thanks,

David