Hi Gordon

Very good question.
We recently have been experimenting with OGR for consuming ArcGIS REST
query layers, however not with FDO.

OGR seems to work well, although we had the impression that if the server
has "MaxRecordCount" (for ex. 5000) set explicitly, the OGR driver did not
do the paging (for ex 12553 records, needs additional 2 rountrips:
5001-10000 and 10001-12553) with setting the REST parameter resultOffset
(automatically).
We did not have the time yet to look into it in more detail to pinpoint
this being an OGR limitation or not (as it was also not the most recent OGR
version we could test this with at that moment).

Curieus how FDO would do? Make sure it is tested/confirmed with
MaxRecordCount set/paging required

Regards

Luc