Hi David,

As others have said, the general way to get around SmartScreen for freshly
downloaded files is to right-click for file properties and unblock the file.

But if this option is not available to you, you could try for a
command-line based unlock solution:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23048412/missing-unblock-button-under-properties

If that fails and your computer is locked down by IT, perhaps it's some
particular Group Policy in effect that is preventing you from being able to
unblock this file.I can't tell you which Group Policy in particular this
is, but you might ask your IT dept about this and see if they could relax
such restrictions if that's the case.

Failing that, then your only recourse is to try the InstantSetup bundle,
which although it too is also an .exe file, it is also a 7-zip
self-extracting archive, so you can open this file with 7-zip and extract
the files within for a manual installation.

- Jackie

You wrote:

I'm attempting to install MGOS 4 Beta 1 on a Windows 2022 server but am
getting the following error:

Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting.
Running this app might put your PC at risk.

[image: image.png]
Has anyone encountered this before and have a workaround?

Thanks,
David