Hi Peter,

One way to do your query would be using the following SQL example:

I'm assuming the following naming conventions (so just replace them for your
situation):
A Management Unit and a Land Use Table called Manage and Land with a column
in each called Name (ie the description of the management unit and land use)

Select Manage.Name, Land.Name, Sum(ProportionOverLap(Manage.obj,Land.obj)*100)
from Manage, Land where Manage.Obj Intersects Land.Obj Group by Manage.Name,
Land.Name
Browse * From Selection

As a check you could run the following query to see if they tally up to 100
percent (ie that's if your land use polygons overlay the management units totally).

Select Manage.Name, Sum(COL3) From Selection Group By Manage.Name Into CHECK

Browse * From CHECK

The ProportionOverlap command returns the percent of overlap one object covers
another which in this case would be better than using just the AreaOverlap command.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sue.

 adding   Susan Port