Hi,

I'm seeing a consistent rendering bug with this shapefile:
        http://teczno.com/oakland-beats.tar.gz

The problem is that there's at least one polygon in there that mapnik
consistently draws twice. It's beat #06X, you can see the way it's
overdrawn twice here:
        http://oakland.crimespotting.org/beat/06X

...in comparison to one that's not:
        http://oakland.crimespotting.org/beat/04X

Note the darker edge; I've confirmed this with semi-opaque polygons as
well. I've confirmed with ogrinfo and QGIS that the shape for 06X
contains a closed polygon with the expected 16 vertices, and that
there's only one such polygon in the file.

I'm running mapnik from trunk, and my styles contain only the dotted
lines seen above; the roads and so forth in those images are just
tiles from Microsoft VEarth.

Any thoughts?

-mike.