On 06/27/2011 06:39 PM, Dane Springmeyer wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2011, at 12:14 AM, Flo Ledermann wrote:
>
>> The solution is, as Dane said, to set an appropriate line join mode
>> other than "miter", or to set an appropriate miter limit if the renderer
>> supports it. (This doesn't seem to be supported/exposed by mapnik)
>
> Flo, nice spot. Perhaps you could code up a patch to support setting
> mitre-limit ? It appears it is hardcoded currently on line 140:
>
> http://trac.mapnik.org/browser/trunk/src/agg/process_line_symbolizer.cpp#L140

Good suggestion for a small project to finally have a look at some
Mapnik code :)

I gave it a try yesterday, unfortunately I couldn't figure out (in the
limited time I had) the correct way of routing these properties through
to the Python and XML APIs - can you give me any starting points on these?

I created an Issue containing a patch with what I have:

http://trac.mapnik.org/ticket/786

It compiles, but as I said doesn't work from Python or XML yet and I
didn't test the C++ API.

Best,

Flo