From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:00 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Input Image and Image Map

Hi,

I have a question that is probably more in the html/javascript domain,
but
it has to do with how i interact with my map, and might be something
that
someone here has encountered.

I have a zoomable map that i implement with an "<input type=image..."
that
sends me the x- and y- coordinates of the click, which I use to
calculate
the center of the new extent, along with the zoom factor.

However, I also overlay this image with a client-side image map that i
use
to give added information in the form of tooltips.  The problem I have
is
that if my image map is active for tool tips, I can't click on the image
and
trigger the "<input type=image ..." tag to take me to my next zoomed
extent... it just won't trigger.  I thought i'd be clever and try a
workaround by putting an onClick event in the <area> tag of the image
map
that submits the form, but the x- and y- coordinates are not passed
through
to the form (the form, btw, wraps the <input ..> tag in question).

Does anybody know how I can have my clicks register with the <input
type=image ...> element while still having an image map overlay the map
provide tooltips?

thanks,
matt