From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Fawcett, David
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 2:16 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapScript Spatial Query Help

I assume that you are looking for the layerObj method queryByPoint().  I
don't have an example for you though.

David.

queryByPoint( mapObj
<http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapscript/index_html#mapobj
>  map, pointObj
<http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapscript/index_html#pointo
bj>  point, int mode, float buffer ) : int

Query layer at point location specified in georeferenced map coordinates
(i.e. not pixels). The query is performed on all the shapes that are
part of a CLASS that contains a TEMPLATE value or that match any class
in a layer that contains a LAYER TEMPLATE value. Mode is MS_SINGLE or
MS_MULTIPLE depending on number of results you want. Passing buffer <=0
defaults to tolerances set in the map file (in pixels) but you can use a
constant buffer (specified in ground units) instead. Returns MS_SUCCESS
if shapes were found or MS_FAILURE if nothing was found or if some other
error happened.