On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Waylan Limberg <way...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Thomas Maibaum <thomasmaib...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> First off, I'm new to this list, so if this has been dealt with before, I
>> apologize. I was unable to find a solution in Google.
>>
>> My question is, how do I insert a blank line between blockquote paragraphs
>> so that they are visually separate? I often need to put two or three
>> separate blockquotes in a row, without any regular text between them, but
>> Markdown always renders the HTML output like one long quote. Like this:
>
> Well, if you don't want the output to be visible, and as Markdown
> accepts raw html, why not an html comment. Like this:
>
> http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/?normalize=1&text=%3E+foo%0A%0A%3C!--+blank+line+--%3E%0A%0A%3E+bar%0A%0A%3C!--+blank+line+--%3E%0A%0A%3E+baz

You can even eliminate some of the blank lines like this:

http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/?normalize=1&text=%3E+foo%0A%0A%3C!--+blank+line+--%3E%0A%3E+bar%0A%0A%3C!--+blank+line+--%3E%0A%3E+baz

Although that breaks pandoc in strange ways. However, all other
implementations handle that fine and you save a few blank lines in
your document. The rest are necessary though.

--
----