Hello Dave!

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Dave Neary <dne...@gnome.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>

> On 06/07/2012 04:05 AM, alex diavatis wrote:
>
>> 2. We have unexpected lot of people considering that we are online 4-5
>> days and the purpose of this blog was mostly to have people talking. So
>> can we have
>> some small interviews from the BoD of GNOME? -mostly talking for the
>> future of GNOME on commercial use, touch screens etc...
>>

> Perhaps not the board, but I think the idea of short blog-sized interviews
> going out weekly is a great idea. We need a list of interviewees and
> volunteer interviewers, and someone watching out for people we can add to
> the list/bump to the top as current news requires.\

There is no need to complicate things :) We would like to have interviews
with developers from specific projects: gtk/clutter porting to wayland,
mutter/shell, epiphany, boxes, online accounts -as priority. I asked also
BoD because, it would be nice if someone could talk about the marketing
goals of GNOME. But in general yes we want in a weekly base people from
GNOME to talk on public.

>  3. We want to post some successfully GNOME deployment stories but your
>> page
>> (https://live.gnome.org/**GnomeMarketing/**GnomeDeployments<https://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/GnomeDeployments>)
>> is
>> outdated :(
>> Any other source I can look for?
>>

> I'm afraid not! That list was put together originally in 2006, partially
> updated in 2008, and as Juanjo said, he updated details on 1 or 2
> deployments this year. But we're lacking a good way to find out about
> reference deployments of GNOME because a lot of them are Red Hat Enterprise
> deployments or Suse Linux. We've actually had more success getting
> references from Suse and Ubuntu than from Red Hat for some reason. Not sure
> why that is.

Maybe the guys from RH could give us some info about the deployments they
do, or it is secret? :)

>  4. We want to run a contest "file a bug for a sticker". So whoever file
>> a new bug we will send him a gnome sticker. Possibly none will response
>> to this, but
>> you never know, so we need to have some, but where we can buy from?
>>

> I don't think we've ever had stickers to sell, but we often print out
> sticker sheets for conferences. Perhaps someone from gnome-fr or GNOME can
> send you some, if we have an address.

At some point a GNOME online store wouldn't be bad idea, not for the profit
but everyone has one :) I will ask Greek GNOME ambassador for it then.

> May I ask who "we" is?

Hmm? I am referring to wogue blog if is that what you asking

> Cheers,
> Dave.

- alex