On Thu, February 28, 2013 1:17 pm, Allan Day wrote:
> Sriram Ramkrishna <s...@ramkrishna.me> wrote:
>> I can do the press release, I did part of it last time.  I'll figure out
>> how
>> to get the quotations.
>
> That would be great, Sri! First thing to do is to figure out who we
> want to approach.

OK! Sorry for the crossed email, everyone! I gave a few suggestions for
quotes in my last email.

>> We need some press contacts.  I know that Vincent has volunteered to be
>> our
>> media guy.  Vincent, can you handle media questions?
>
> We have a list of contacts already. We just needs someone send out
> emails and field questions.

I've got the list, and would be happy to send out the emails. It would be
great to have a small group ready to field questions since sometimes
there's a tight timetable for turnaround. I'd be happy to do it, and
Vincent would be great too if he's got the time. Who else should we ask?

>> We have one volunteer for videos by the way, just need to get a
>> reasonable
>> build for him to try.  We had discussed this earlier . It is a nice
>> extra I
>> think.  Possibly, Bastian can do some screenshots as well.
>
> Video content would be fantastic of course...
>
>> I can help out some with the release notes as well and social media.   I
>> will ask for more volunteers on the social networking sites becuase we
>> still
>> have pending stuff to do on the annual report. :/
>
> One thing we need are blog posts and interviews that can be published
> in the run up to the release. We can then push those out on the social
> media channels.

What kind of blogposts should we have? We're lining up interviews with
GNOME users, and we have 2 in the works now. Would that be the kind of
content you mean?

karen