Hi Immanuel,
Le 21/10/2013 19:56, Immanuel Giulea a écrit :
> Great discussion so far.
> Just wanted to add my #2cents as well.
>
> I was wondering if we could open up the membership of the TDF foundation to
> more people?

it is open already to all people contributing and who will contribute
for the next six months.

> Perhaps this could be a good to get more people engaged.

You don't need to be a TDF member to contribute and have your work
recognized.

> I have been following the mailing lists for almost a year, and using
> LibreOffice for 10 months, and I am not an official member of TDF.
>
> Just my thoughts.
>
> Does member of the community = member TDF

No, you can be a contributor without being a TDF member, and your work
will be recognized the same by others.

By becomming a TDF member you engage in two sides:
- as a voting member, you are concerned by the politic of the project
- you have significantly contributed the last three montns and you will
for the next six months, by this you mean your engagement to the project
too.

> It is a meritocracy.
yes, exactly, and each one is recognized for the work he has done, being
a TDF member or not.

Kind regards
Sophie