Hi Bjoern,

Bjoern Michaelsen wrote on 02/11/2019 16:55:

> I just recently came across this (German) video:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWDYep05wZQ
>
> by Anke Domscheit-Berg giving updates on "IT-Konsolidation des Bundes". It
> does
> not contain any huge revelations, but some details on the changes in german
> federal procurement -- including possibly the slow acceptance of open source
> as a
> relevant feature -- is interesting.

Thanks for sharing this..

> It might be worthwhile to follow Anke Domscheit-Berg to have early awareness
> about opportunities for LibreOffice and Open Source in general to help pushing
> things in the right direction. Regardless of political agenda, I dont think
> there currently is any other federal german politician that offers these close
> details on the development of german policy wrt digial topics.
>
> And yes, this is a very German thing -- but even outside Germany, it might be
> useful -- e.g. for discussions on the EU level or simply to nag politicians

Yes, that definitely is something I consider to be useful and a thing I
do now and then,

> elsewhere with "Look how transparent (some) German politicians are about their
> digital agenda? Shouldnt you be too?"

.. but to be honest, I tend to push not so much about being transparent
rather directly open source and open standards.
The example Anke gives towards the end - no clear os policy while there
is a known strong dependency on US software vendors - is well chosen.

Public administrations of course have a selective memory/view, and tend
to use just information that supports their agenda.

Cheers,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws