On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 14:01 -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
> Le 2011-04-23 06:36, Marc Paré a écrit :
> > With the designing of different marketing materials for LibreOffice, I
> > have created a wiki page listing the "Third Party Logos" weblinks[1]
> > that you may want to include on your new designs. These include:
> >
> > * ODF logos
> > * PDF logos
> > * SVG logos
> > * CC (Creative Commons) logos
> > * LGPL logos
> > * W3C Conformance logo (I don't think LibreOffice qualifies for this yet
> > -- accessibility logo)
> >
> > The link also shows on the "Conference Kit" wiki page[2]
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Marc
> >
> > [1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Third_Party_Logos
> > [2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/ConferenceKit
> >

> Just to keep all of this in perspective.
>
> I created the page to make it easier for anyone needing to add the most
> likely 3rd icons to marketing pages -- these links make it easier to
> find the icons. On one of the discussion threads, it was commented that
> one of these, the SVG icon license, seemed to be too restrictive and
> that someone should contact the SVG group in order to clarify the
> license permissions that accompanied it.

Just to clarify - the only issue is with packaging - use on a web page
is specifically covered on the W3C site and does not require any contact
with them for non-profits as long as one complies with the attribution
requirements. I didn't look at the wiki page yet, if the link to the W3C
page on this isn't there I'll add it later.

Thanks

Drew