On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM, P.P. Meyer <ppme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Apache Marketers,
>
> I'm Paul. I have been creating online marketing strategies for small
> businesses over the past ten years. I learned about SEO and long-tail
> tactics way before it was ever a fad. I'm completing my MBA this semester
> and just finished receiving my MLitt in Film Studies completing it while
> taking a year off from my MBA. I'm all educated out and most interested in
> creating media content for Apache - youtube videos, photoshop, facebook,
> off-line tactics. I have been an Open Office user for a few years and would
> like to give back some time if wanted.
>
> I'm located in Hampton, Virginia. If any other marketers are in the
> Virginia area then howdy!

Hello P.P,

Welcome to the project!

I see that you have some experience with Youtube?

We have a few videos on Youtube, but these were individual efforts,
nothing cohesive.   One of the challenges (and opportunities) of large
open source projects like this is to coordinate and enforce branding
and common look and feel.

I wonder if there is anything that could be done to define the
standards that would enable other volunteers to produce Youtube
content to a common look and feel?  I'm thinking of elements like
standardized titles, music and voice over intro, common tool set,
etc.  Essentially a cookbook that other volunteers can follow to
create a professional "Apache OpenOffice"-branded video.

Regards,

-Rob