On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Samer Mansour <samer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know what exactly was meant by reproducible.  It was points on a
> note pad I scribbled while they were talking...
> I think it helped me on a meta level for requirements.  What is important
> in the logo to us? eg. I think we can agree the gulls are. eg. "Must
> integrate the idea of the gulls, but not necessarily the existing gull
> shape(s)"
> Maybe we come up with Primary Requirements and some Secondary
> Considerations we find important but not as important.
>
> I will try to head this and give it more attention.
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Brand+Contest+RFP
> I will review and revamp that page.  Then I'll post it here and dev for
> thoughts.

Excellent.

> Agree, a wine expert is not going to tell me what wine I like.  But they
> might be able to suggest a wine that's in right now and that a lot of
> people like.
> Expert's advice is often what is integrated into many commercial products.
> So it does hold some value and shouldn't be completely dismissed from
> consideration.
>
> I suggest we frame it as we're looking for a "logo refresh", not a new logo.
> We have a lot of history and loyal users from OOo days and even AOO 3.4.1
> that we want to reflect this as a refresh,  we're improved.  Not new. 4.0!
> Agree?

I'd recommend we separate the process by which we pick a new logo (a
RFP, a contest, voting, the technical requirements, etc.) from the
question of "logo refresh" versus "new logo".  If we can get consensus
on moving the process forward, then we'll be well on the road to
answering the second question.  But the 2nd question will spark enough
debate that it may be better to discuss it in the context of specific
examples, once we receive them.

IMHO.

-Rob