On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 2:55 PM, Julian Hillebrand
<smallbrow...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
> I think you are right about posting interest images to Pinterest because we
> can mainly reach private OpenOffice users. Not like Microsoft does it with
> their Office 365 page. They posted some Videos showing for example the CRM
> possibilities of Office. We should post cool/creative things which people
> might share on their profile. These things shouldn't just be directly related
> to AOO but for example to Open Source in general. For example a colorful
> Graphic with interesting facts people didn't know before about Open Source.

Good points.

> So I would create a board about cool looking documents, you mentioned, and a
> board which can make Open Source and Open Office look more like a lifestyle
> product. Because we will mostly find lifestyle interested people on Pinterest.

"Lifestyle" -- that is a good way to think of it.

> Maybe you can give me some contact details of the other member on the access
> list? Then I could share some ideas with them.

Right now it is only me.  But we can discuss here on the marketing
list, in case anyone else is interested.

Questions:

What is the user interaction/engagement model in Pinterest?  Can users
post things onto our boards also?  Or is it mainly "re-pinning" and
commenting?

Can we (should we) re-pin posts from other boards?

Also, we have the option of having three "secret boards".  Do you know
what they are for?

-Rob