Rob, or anyone else involved in ODF development and advocacy:

Would you be interested in a very short interview, conducted via IM or email?
The questions would be of this sort:

* What is an open standard document and why is it important to users and
developers?

* What does a standard do and how is a document standard maintained? And by
which body?

* Is innovation affected? That is, how are innovations, of whatever nature,
accommodated by the standards process?

* Numerous office suites now support, to a greater or lesser extent, ODF 1.2.
In very general terms, how interoperable are those implementations? Clearly, a
definitive answer would depend upon the actual document and its properties, so
let's stay general.

* The "cloud" is in the press (ad nauseum). Does an open standard for documents
(e.g., ODF or OOXML) have any bearing here for users and developers? (A vague
question, to be interpreted as you will.)

* Since the beginning of time, or so it seems, we've been asked about
OpenOffice on the iPad (or Android or Chrome device). What limits porting AOO
to iOS or Android (or any other OS for a mobile device). If there are no
limits, then why would you think we do not see such apps now?

Personal:
* What is it that you do?

* How long have you been involved in developing ODF?

* Where do you think ODF is going and what are the impellers?

* Where can people contribute? And what sort of knowledge would be required or
is desired?

-more questions than I imagined when I first imagined this….