Am 07/15/2013 04:11 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
As Juergen pointed out, the AOO 4.0 release vote has successfully
completed.  The release is approved.

However, please *do not* go out and start announcing the release yet.
We need to coordinate a few final steps before this is done,
including:

1. Provisioning the files to the Apache and SourceForge distribution directories

2. Waiting for the files to replicate within the mirror network (as
much as 24 hours)

3. Verify download scripts against actual AOO 4.0 files.

4. Complete the release notes.  Convert them to HTML.  Give some time
for translations.

5. Prepare announcement emails and blog post and webpage.

The above should all be done before we announce.   After we announce,
we have a few other items to do:

5. Update logos on social media sites

6. Enable update notification server

7. Follow up blog post +1 week.

I'd like to recommend that we aim for a noon UTC announcement on
Wednesday, if possible.  That would mean that items 1-5 are complete
then.  Release notes translations can roll in over time if needed.
But we should have the English Release Notes and the other items ready
to go.

When Juergen is allowed to upload the release until ~20:00 UTC today, then the files can be distributed around the mirrors and I should be able to update the DL websites tomorrow evening to be ready until Wednesday noon UTC.

For the moment it looks like as it could be possible.

Marcus

Does this make sense?  Am I missing anything?  Anyone think that Wed.
is not possible?  It is better not to make an important announcement
at the end of the week (Thursday or Friday) since that tends to mute
the press coverage.

We should use the Release Dashboard to coordinate the status of these items:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/4.0+Release+Dashboard

Regards,

-Rob