Detlef Nannen wrote:
Thank you, but we are not interested in this kind of activities. You can
find more at https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/not_interested
And by the way, we don't have a "pro" version and we don't have any plans
about it!
I am very sad to read this. Apache Rules? OK. I understand the rules,
and the reasons for this rules. But in this case this rules waste the
chance, to bring back OpenOffice in the mind of the german speaking
user in europe. Even the Vatican is rethinking its rules sometimes.

I was answering a semi-spam message where these guys offer to write a fake article promoting the PRO version of random software Xyz (which is assumed to be shareware and have a PRO version), presumably (who knows?) hoping to get a percentage on profits of the PRO version.

In the case where Xyz = Apache Openoffice, this is clearly meaningless (we are not selling a PRO version). So it was denied not by Apache Rules, but by common sense.

In this case i think about, why i am am interested,to promote Apache
Openoffice at events. Do i waste my time?

That is entirely different.

Genuine supporters have the full backing of the project, can have promotional material printed and delivered, can blog on the official blog...

And genuine press requests from magazines or blogs that are sent to pr...@openoffice.apache.org are given high priority and are usually answered within the day.

So again: no rules were in the way here; just the common sense. The same common sense by which we deny the requests like "I linked to openoffice.org from my personal site, will you link me back?". If you read the full mail at http://markmail.org/message/5lfjqcgcqjiz76le you will agree that it cannot apply to us, but a genuine press request would be promptly answered.

Regards,
  Andrea.