Greetings,
George, I personally prefer LibreOffice. The LibreOffice people are on top of
their game. That is to say, they work together as a unit.
Both suites are good. You can try both if you want to make a comparison.
Templates and extensions are compatible between the suites. (They were, at
least, when I last used both.)
Regards,
Marla Davis