Paul's plan is weaker by far.

His plan would cut a few taxes that constitute a small fraction of federal
revenue, and doesn't mention eliminating the income tax (which would make
his plan require either massive borrowing or touching the third rail of
entitlements).  Our Pure Principles Platform eliminates the entire income
tax.

His plan would cut some military bases and freeze "discretionary" spending
while giving entitlement spending a free pass.  Our Pure Principles Platform
calls for "the abolishment of all federal programs and services not required
under the U.S. Constitution", and for getting the government out of the
entitlement business (education, healthcare, retirement, and income
security) altogether.

His plan would make the Fed a little more transparent and legalize private
gold or silver currency.  Our Pure Principles Platform goes further, saying
individuals may use any commodity they want as currency, and that there
should be "unrestricted competition among banks and depository institutions
of all types."

His plan would "repeal" or "reform" (how can it do both?) Sarbanes/Oxley,
and ease regulatory burdens on "community" financial institutions.  Our Pure
Principles Platform calls flatly for "the abolition of all regulation of
financial and capital markets" (i.e. aside from force or fraud).

For more about Ron Paul's non-radical positions, see
http://knowinghumans.net/2007/12/teflon-libertarian-moderate.html .  For the
recent Paul backsliding that even this non-radical found embarrassing, see
http://libertarianintelligence.com/2007/12/ron-paul-backslides-on-meet-press
.html .