Pam, that is an excellent candidate statement, loaded with lots of good
details about how our fiscally conservative positions are relevant to
Sacramento.  My only suggestions for improvement would be two.

First, it would be good to include some socially liberal issues, to
differentiate you (and the LP) from the Republicans.  There's almost nothing
in your statement that the typical Republican opponent would disagree with.

Second, it would be good to include explicit statement of the fact that the
LP is the only party that has evolved beyond the obsolete left-vs-right
false dichotomy.  We're the only party that wants to legislate neither
personal morality nor economic equality.

For examples of the above, see this collection of proposals we considered
for the June 2008 voter guide's LP statement of purpose, and the version we
adopted: http://libertarianmajority.net/lpca-voter-guide