Dear Marmam

There are limited places still available at the Marine Interpretation and
Training of Marine Guides workshop at the European Cetacean Society conference
in Spain (April 26th). Places are limited and the pre-registration deadline for
the workshop is April 5th. Please let me know if you would be interested in
attending.

We are also looking for a couple more people to present at this workshop. I'd
therefore like to encourage those of you who'd like to attend and who have
experience working as a marine interpreter and/or marine guide, or training
interpreters and guides to send me abstracts for a short (10 minute)
presentation on your experiences.  I think it would be particularly interesting
to look at why we think interpretation and marine guides are important in the
whale and dolphin watching industry, how we think the quality of interpretation
could be improved and what training needs to be offered/developed to ensure we
provide high quality interpretation that adds education and conservation value
to whale and dolphin watching activities. If you would be willing to give a
presentation please send me an abstract by the end of this week (April 6th).

I'd also like to hear what you hope to get from the workshop. What issues are
you interested in hearing about and discussing? What do you hope to take away
with you?

I will be away  from April 13th and will then go straight to the conference.
Therefore, please send me any correspondance regarding the workshop before
April 12th

Thanks

Deborah Benham

Dr Deborah Benham
Project Officer
Dolphin Space Programme
www.dolphinspace.org

DSP
PO Box 5890
Forres
IV36 1WY

Tel: 07921 106144

The Dolphin Space Programme is an accreditation scheme for wildlife tour boats
in the Moray Firth, Scotland. It is overseen by a steering group comprising
VisitScotland, the Wildlife Tour Boat Operators' Society, the Whale and Dolphin
Conservation Society, the Northern Constabulary, Grampian Police, The Highland
Council, Inverness Harbour Trust, the Maritime Coastguard Agency and Scottish
Natural Heritage.