MARMAM,

On behalf of the interdisciplinary team of researchers collaborating in our southern California Behavioral Response Study (SOCAL BRS), I am pleased to announce the release of the project report from the first year of our five-year project (SOCAL-10). You may find a copy of the report on the SOCAL BRS website at: http://www.sea-inc.net/resources/SOCAL10_final_report.pdf

As noted in the report, there are many ongoing data analyses and more detailed results will soon begin to appear in scientific meetings (/e.g/., two abstracts at the Biologging meeting in New Zealand next week) and publications. Plans are well underway for our second phase of fieldwork this summer and additional information will be available on the SOCAL BRS webpage <www.sea-inc.net/SOCAL10> in the coming months.

There are multiple open public presentations and discussions of the SOCAL-10 results and plans for 2011 and beyond planned, the next one being in partnership with the American Cetacean Society, San Diego Chapter on 23 March at 7 pm at the Scripps Sumner Auditorium in LaJolla, CA. We have made significant effort throughout this project for openness, transparency, and public impact of the results -- comments, questions, or suggestions are always welcomed and encouraged.

Thank you,
Brandon Southall

PLEASE NOTE: New mailing address and office/FAX #s for SEA, Inc.

Brandon L. Southall, Ph.D.
President, Senior Scientist, SEA, Inc.
Research Associate, University of California, Santa Cruz
9099 Soquel Drive, Suite 8, Aptos, CA 95003, USA
831.332.8744 (mobile); 831.661.5177 (office); 831.661.5178 (fax)
brandon.south...@sea-inc.net; www.sea-inc.net