Dear MARMAM members -

Due to our previously successful applicant withdrawing for personal reasons
prior to commencement, we are looking for a full-time Honours student (with an
undergraduate degree in either Biomedical or Veterinary Science or similar BSc;
as well as familiarity and/or experience with PCR-based molecular techniques)
to start in the middle of this year (end: mid 2017) at Murdoch University
(Perth, Western Australia).

The project title is "Identification and characterisation of viruses associated
with genital mucosal lesions in a bottlenose (Tursiops sp) dolphin from Western
Australia," and the project objectives are:

  *   Develop expertise in PCR and gene/genome sequencing.
  *   Identification, sequencing and genomic characterisation of any
herpesviruses, papillomaviruses and/or novel viruses that may be present.
  *   Conduct phylogenetic analyses of any viruses found.

The project description can be viewed at
http://www.murdoch.edu.au/School-of-Veterinary-and-Life-Sciences/Our-courses/Honours/Honours-opportunities/
 (under the Veterinary Biology discipline heading).

Potential candidates can contact me by email (see details below) regarding
eligibility (University fees apply to international students).

Best Wishes - Nahiid Stephens.

Nahiid Stephens BSc BVMS (Hons) MANZCVSc (VetPath)
Lecturer in Pathology
School of Veterinary and Life Sciences
Murdoch University
Murdoch WA 6150
Phone: +61 8 9360 2666
Email:
n.steph...@murdoch.edu.au<https://mail.murdoch.edu.au/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>

(Please note I work part-time and am only on campus on Wednesdays, Thursdays
and Fridays. There will be delays in my response to emails on other days. If
your query concerns our diagnostic service, please call our Duty Pathologist on
0420 277 743)