Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the publication of the following paper in
Ecology:

The publication is available at the following link:

http://www.stat.colostate.edu/~hooten/papers/pdf/Williams_et
al_Ecology_2017.pdf

*Citation:  * Williams, P. J., Hooten, M. B., Womble, J. N., Esslinger, G.
G., Bower, M. R. and Hefley, T. J. (2017), An integrated data model to
estimate spatiotemporal occupancy, abundance, and colonization dynamics.
Ecology, 98: 328–336. doi:10.1002/ecy.1643

*ABSTRACT:*  Ecological invasions and colonizations occur dynamically
through space and time. Estimating the distribution and abundance of
colonizing species is critical for efficient management or conservation. We
describe a statistical framework for simultaneously estimating
spatiotemporal occupancy and abundance dynamics of a colonizing species.
Our method accounts for several issues that are common when modeling
spatiotemporal ecological data including multiple levels of detection
probability, multiple data sources, and computational limitations that
occur when making fine-scale inference over a large spatiotemporal domain.
We apply the model to estimate the colonization dynamics of sea otters
(*Enhydra
lutris*) in Glacier Bay, in southeastern Alaska.

Thank you,

Jamie
Jamie N. Womble, Ph.D.
Wildlife Biologist