Public Programs Internship

We are currently recruiting for an important unpaid intern role in our
Education and Guest Experience Department, looking for the right person to
support our team of volunteer docents and assist with tours of the hospital.
Intern in a comfortable, friendly environment; share your passion for wildlife
and conservation; boost your resume; meet like-minded people and feel great
knowing that you're supporting a good cause.

The Public Programs
Internship<http://www.marinemammalcenter.org/Get-Involved/volunteer/internship-opportunities/public-programs-intern.html>
 is available at our Main Hospital in Sausalito. The position is unpaid and
reports to the Guest Experience Coordinator.

Intern Responsibilities

  *   Engage visitors regarding the work of The Marine Mammal Center and marine
mammals
  *   Answer visitor questions and direct them to all of the public areas of
the hospital
  *   Lead tours of the public areas of the hospital to visiting groups
  *   Inspire visitors to support The Marine Mammal Center and marine mammals
and become ocean stewards
  *   Assist in the management and support of education volunteers onsite
  *   Interpret animal behaviors and animal care procedures to visitors
  *   Serve as the contact and point person for volunteers when questions arise

Intern Qualifications:

  *   Background and/or experience in environmental education, natural
sciences, and public speaking
  *   Ability to stand or walk for up to 4 hours without a break
  *   Ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds
  *   Ability to complete tasks in a productive, proactive manner with minimal
day-to-day supervision
  *   Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
  *   Excellent oral and written communication skills
  *   All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and pass a background
check

Intern Schedule:

Ideal candidates serve 3 days a week for approximately 24 hours for 3 to 6
months. We offer flexible end dates and extensions for excellent candidates.
Time off must be arranged in advance.

To Apply:

Applications are accepted year-round on a rolling basis. Mandatory trainings (1
per season) occur on the following dates:

  *   Summer: June 3 &4
  *   Fall: TBD

To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to
e...@tmmc.org<mailto:e...@tmmc.org>. Please contact the Guest Experience
Coordinator at 415-289-7373 or e...@tmmc.org<mailto:e...@tmmc.org> to express
interest or learn more about this opportunity.

Courtney Good
Guest Experience Coordinator
The Marine Mammal Center
2000 Bunker Road
Sausalito, CA 94965
P: 415.289.7373
go...@tmmc.org<mailto:go...@tmmc.org>

It's time to apply! The Marine Mammal Center is seeking volunteer interns to
share our story of conservation and support our education team. Find all the
details on our
website<http://www.marinemammalcenter.org/Get-Involved/volunteer/internship-opportunities/public-programs-intern.html>.