Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the publication of the Marion Island Marine
Mammal Programme (MIMMP's) latest paper: “What’s in a whisker?
High-throughput analysis of twenty-eight C19 and C21 steroids in mammalian
whiskers by ultra-performance convergence chromatography-tandem mass
spectrometry”.

Herein, we developed a novel method to analyze multiple steroids deposited
an accurate quantification method for multiple steroids, measured in a
single chromatography step which reduces the cost and time associated with
the analyses. The advance of this method can contribute to our
understanding of the impact of stress associated with environmental/climate
changes that affect the health and survival of organisms, as well as to
delineate the reproductive cycles of free-living mammals with cryptic life
stages.

I trust that the readership of this mailing list will find the manuscript
of interest.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1570023219316642?fbclid=IwAR0_9tajNPrR9JlBcM_62k1TW6_qp5eIQhv3nVaDfHpF1HPvzBPwPJ73NL4

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/339227340_What's_in_a_whisker_High-throughput_analysis_of_twenty-eight_C19_and_C21_steroids_in_mammalian_whiskers_by_ultra-performance_convergence_chromatography-tandem_mass_spectrometry

Sincerely,
Nico Lubcker
PhD. Zoology Candidate
Mammal Research Institute, Department of Zoology and Entomology,
University of Pretoria

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Nico_Luebcker
marionseals.com/people/