Dear all Marmam members,

On behalf of our team, I would like to announce that the regional Algarve
Stranding Network (RAAlg) has been re-activated.

We therefore attend any stranded cetaceans or marine turtles that strand
dead along the Algarve coast in Southern Portugal. We also developed a
responsive webpage, which allows citizens to register information on any
seen stranded animal. The alert is communicated to the team via email, and
provides a faster response so we can access the animal and sample it. This
unique page also provides information regarding our team, our work, results
and ID of species of animals that strand in our coast.

Check our website at www.raalg.pt.

We hope you enjoy our page.

Best wishes,

Ana Marçalo, PhD
Fisheries biologist; Post Doc; Invited Assistant Professor
email: amarc...@ualg.pt; amarc...@gmail.com

CCMAR - Centro de Ciências do Mar, Universidade do Algarve
Campus de Gambelas, 8005-139 Faro, Portugal
http://ccmar.ualg.pt
Office: L 23
Tlf: +351 289 800 051 (ext. 7394)

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ana_Marcalo2
https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0485-341X

Project iNOVPESCA - Reducing bycatch of cetaceans in Algarve  (
https://www.facebook.com/inovpesca)
Project RAAlg - Algarve Stranding Network (www.raalg.pt)