Greetings!

The Duke University Marine Lab (DUML) is currently accepting enrollments
for our summer Marine Mammals course.  This six-week virtual course will
cover the biology and conservation of marine mammals.  We will introduce
you to the basic biology of various taxonomic groups, describe some of the
research approaches used to study them, and conclude with a consideration
of their conservation.  Virtual laboratories and interactive activities
will focus on topics including diving physiology, photographic
identification methods, population biology, bioacoustics, biologging, and
drone technology.  We will also take advantage of opportunities to interact
with marine mammal experts from DUML and from around the world through
virtual guest lectures, field trips, and discussion panels, and through the
creation of a DUML Marine Mammals podcast. This course is suitable for both
undergraduate and graduate students. ENV 376L or BIO 376L (undergraduate) /
ENV776L (graduate) (4 Duke credits). Feel free to contact the course
instructor for more information.

*Instructor:* Frants H. Jensen (frants.jen...@gmail.com)

*Tuition:* $3,200 + fees. Details can be found here:
https://summersession.duke.edu/visiting-college-students/u-s-students/tuition-aid

*Dates: *June 28 - August 6, 2021

*Schedule:* Mondays, Wednesdays, Friday 10am – 12 pm, and Monday &
Wednesday 1- 4pm, EDT
(Note that lectures will be recorded for subsequent viewing)

*To enroll:* Complete the online  application
<https://applygp.duke.edu/apply/?sr=db44d709-d37c-4867-8081-5e97bda61b56>
(select Duke University Marine Lab Application 2021 from the drop down menu
under application details). Please reach out to gwendy.wom...@duke.edu if
you need help or have questions.