Dear MARMAMers,
  This is a reminder that International Save the Vaquita Day will be on
Saturday, 24 July.  Due to continuing pandemic concerns, it will be a virtual
event, with an all-day live-stream of video content.  See
https://vivavaquita.org/international-save-the-vaquita-day/ for more details.
  As part of this year’s event, we will be presenting a series of short video
clips of marine mammal researchers and conservationists explaining why they
think the vaquita needs to be saved from extinction.  We invite MARMAM readers
to send in 30-60 second video clips, ideally filmed in the field or place of
work.  Details about how the videos should be sent in can be found here:
https://vaquita.mx/assets/How_to_submit_video_for_ISTVD.pdf

  Please keep your clips under 60 seconds, and end with the following statement:

“President Obrador, do not allow Mexico’s only porpoise to go extinct. Salvemos
a la vaquita!  Gracias!”

In order to have enough time for editing, please send videos by 12 July 2021.
And please join us on Saturday, 24 July.  We appreciate your help in working to
save the vaquita!
Best wishes,
Tom Jefferson
Director, VIVA Vaquita