Dear MARMAM colleagues,

I am excited to announce several positions available in my lab at the
University of Winnipeg (Canada) working with Arctic marine mammals.
Candidates will have the benefit of working closely with collaborators at
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO), including Steve Ferguson and Dave
Yurkowski, to develop research projects tackling important questions
related to ecological and toxicological processes in key species in the
Canadian Arctic. We are currently accepting separate applications for a
postdoc research associate and MSc and PhD positions. See below for details:

1)* Postdoctoral research associate*:  We are seeking a highly motivated
postdoctoral researcher to lead a DFO funded project to develop dynamic
bioenergetic models for key Arctic marine mammal species in Canada. The
project goal is to use the energy budget models to evaluate population
dynamics over time in response to multiple stressors typical of Arctic
environments. Applicants should have strong skills in mathematical
modelling and/or dynamic energy budget modelling, and should be familiar
with mammalian biology and ecology. Project is roughly 2 years, with chance
of extension pending additional funding. Position can start ASAP so apply
now! More details and application info can be found here:
https://www.northstarats.com/University-of-Winnipeg/Postdoctoral-Fellow-in-Arctic-Marine-Mammal-Energetic-Modeling/68294

*2) MSc and PhD positions*: Through the Research Affiliate Program at DFO,
we are seeking MSc and PhD applicants for projects on Arctic marine mammal
chronological ecology. The projects will assess ecological processes in
Arctic seals, whales, and walrus through quantitative chronological
analysis of inert tissue. Ecological processes could include diet,
ontogeny, reproduction, movements, and contaminant accumulation. Analyses
will include biogeochemical tracers (i.e. microchemistry) and physical
layer structure in inert tissues such as tusks, teeth, claws, hair, or
whiskers. More details on the positions, information on eligibility, and
applications processes found here:
https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?poster=1782156
.

Feel free to contact Dr. Jean-Pierre Desforges for more information:
Dr. Jean-Pierre Desforges
Assistant Professor – Ecotoxicology and Wildlife Stress
University of Winnipeg, Department of Environmental Studies and Science
515 Portage Ave, Winnipeg MB, Canada
Phone: 204-786-9290
E-mail: j.desfor...@uwinnipeg.ca
t: @DesforgesJP