Hello everyone,

We would like to announce our workshop on “Individual-based models -
predictive models for studying impacts of disturbance on marine mammals”
which will be held on Saturday July 30th, 2022 at the Society for Marine
Mammalogy's 24th Biennial Conference. The workshop will be hybrid so both
in-person and virtual participation are possible.

The goals of this interactive workshop are to identify key processes
currently used in marine mammal individual-based models and those which
should be considered in future models, define alternative approaches, and
outline best practices for going forward. As part of the workshop, Drs.
Peter Tyack (University of St Andrews) and Steve Railsback (Cal Poly
Humboldt) will give presentations on current approaches and pitfalls in
modelling the effect of various anthropogenic activities on marine mammals
and the fundamentals of individual-based modelling.

Find more details on the conference website here: https://t.co/2kTbk1hCGC

For additional questions or to sign up for virtual attendance, please
contact: Cara Gallagher (gallag...@uni-potsdam.de) and Magda Chudzinska (
me...@st-andrews.ac.uk).

Hope to see you in-person or virtually in Palm Beach!

All the best,
Cara Gallagher & Magda Chudzinska