Dear colleague,

In the last years my research team has been conducting several studies on
Artificial Intelligence applied to dolphins. We are strongly aware of the
importance of Open Science and of sharing results of our studies with the aim
of boosting advancement of knowledge on ecology and marine biology.

For this, I would like to inform you that we have made public two datasets on
dolphins.

The first is the Risso’s dolphin dataset, containing images of cropped fins of
Grampus griseus Risso’s dolphin.

You can find information and download this dataset at this link:
https://ieee-dataport.org/documents/risso%E2%80%99s-dolphin-dataset
<https://ieee-dataport.org/documents/risso%E2%80%99s-dolphin-dataset>
The second dataset collects sighting data of striped dolphin, common bottlenose
dolphin and Risso’s dolphin, in the Gulf of Taranto (Northern Ionian Sea,
Central-eastern Mediterranean Sea) during the period 2009–2021. Each sighting
has been enriched by a panel of environmental descriptors extracted by the
Copernicus Marine Service (https://marine.copernicus.eu/it
<https://marine.copernicus.eu/it>) and EMODnet-bathymetry dataset
(https://www.emodnet-bathymetry.eu/data-products
<https://www.emodnet-bathymetry.eu/data-products>).

Details on this dataset can be found at this link:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-29681-y
<https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-29681-y>
You can download this dataset at this link:
https://github.com/datarepository1/Environmental-variables-and-machine-learning-models-to-predict-cetacean-abundance

<https://github.com/datarepository1/Environmental-variables-and-machine-learning-models-to-predict-cetacean-abundance>
If you prefer, you can request these datasets from me. If you will use it for
your research, please cite our papers as suggested.

Thank you for you kind attention.

Best regards and happy days,

Rosalia Maglietta

Rosalia Maglietta PhD

Senior Researcher

Istituto di Sistemi e Tecnologie Industriali Intelligenti per il Manifatturiero
Avanzato
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
Bari, Italy
tel. +39.080-5929454
mobile: +39.339-6796401

Google scholar: https://scholar.google.it/citations?user=wSm74SkAAAAJ&hl=it
<https://scholar.google.it/citations?user=wSm74SkAAAAJ&hl=it>
Scopus: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=14619476500
<https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=14619476500>
skypeID: magliettalia

Rosalia Maglietta, PhD
Researcher

 <https://www.stiima.cnr.it/>   T: +39 080 592 9454
W: www.stiima.cnr.it <http://www.stiima.cnr.it/>
CNR STIIMA | via Amendola 122 D/O | 70126 Bari, Italy