Dear MARMAM community,

My coauthor and I are pleased to share our new publication, "Sowerby’s
Beaked Whale *Mesoplodon bidens* Sowerby 1804," in the Handbook of the
Mammals of Europe book series.

This comprehensive chapter covers all aspects of Sowerby's beaked whale
biology, including taxonomy, global and European distribution, genetics,
morphology, life history, ecology, behavior, parasitology, human threats,
natural impacts on populations, species conservation management, and future
research challenges.

Smith KJ and Peterson MJ. Sowerby’s beaked whale, *Mesoplodon bidens*,
Sowerby 1804. (2022) In: Cetacea (eds. Weir CR, Evans PGH, and Rasmussen
MH). Handbook of the Mammals of Europe series (eds. Hackländer K, Zachos
FE). Springer International Publishing, Cham, Switzerland (ISSN:
2730-7387). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-65038-8_95-2

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions,
Cheers,
Kerri

*--Kerri J. Smith, Ph.D.*

NSF Postdoctoral Fellow

McMahon Ocean Ecogeochemistry Lab
<http://keltonmcmahon.com/index.html#welcome>

University of Rhode Island

Graduate School of Oceanography

215 South Ferry Road, Narragansett, RI 02882