Dear colleagues,

The CETUS project is looking for MMOs for this year's fieldwork season
onboard TRANSINSULAR cargo ships. This year, routes will be from Mainland
Portugal (Porto) to the Azores (Ponta Delgada/Horta/Praia da Vitória) and
Madeira (Caniçal). We need observers for the following survey periods:
- July 10 - September 25;
- August 1 - October 15;
- October 1 - November 15.

The internship includes:
- An intensive training on monitoring protocol and cetacean identification.
- Round-trip sea surveys departing from Mainland Portugal along the routes
stated above.
- Free time to visit Mainland Portugal and the Azores and Madeira
Archipelagos.
- Accommodation throughout the internship (hostel and onboard).
- Living costs while on board (food and insurance).

Conditions:
- As CETUS is a non-funded monitoring programme, this is a non-paid
position.
- Observers are in charge of their own travel arrangements and living costs
when in land.
- Observers must be reliable, dedicated, adaptable and patient, as this
work is highly weather dependent and requires consecutive days of work at
sea.
- Relevant experience at sea and with cetacean monitoring is preferable.

We encourage the use of this experience for University reports/internships
or for other scientific results (e.g., presentations at conferences,
scientific papers).

The application deadline is June 4! Results will be announced by the end of
June (an online interview may be required). To apply please fill out the
form (click here https://forms.gle/Xywc3TgQqwmtmgwA7), and send us your CV
to cetusproject...@gmail.com to prove your statements.

For more information feel free to contact us by e-mail or through our
social media: Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/CetusProject>, Instagram
<https://instagram.com/cetusproject> and LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/cetus-project/>.

Best regards,