Dear MARMAM community,

My co-authors and I are pleased to share this chapter on the Common Dolphin (/Delphinus delphis/ Linnaeus, 1758) recently published online as part of the Handbook of the Mammals of Europe book series:

Saavedra, C., Petitguyot, M., Bearzi, G., Pierce, G.J. (2021). Common Dolphin /Delphinus delphis/ Linnaeus, 1758. In: Hackländer, K., Zachos, F.E. (eds) Handbook of the Mammals of Europe. Handbook of the Mammals of Europe. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-65038-8_108-1

This comprehensive species-specific chapter covers all aspects of the mammalian biology, including paleontology, physiology, genetics, reproduction and development, ecology, habitat, diet, mortality, and behavior. The economic significance and management of mammals and future challenges for research and conservation are addressed as well. The chapter includes a distribution map, a photograph of the animal, and a list of key literature.

Download the document by accessing with your credentials in the following link https://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007/978-3-319-65038-8_108-1. If you do not have access ask me for an author's copy (camilo.saave...@ieo.csic.es)

Best regards,

Camilo sp and co-authors

--

Camilo Saavedra Penas - Jefe de Servicio N.26 - Centro Oceanográfico de Vigo - Instituto Español de Oceanografía (IEO) - CONSEJO SUPERIOR DE INVESTIGACIONES CIENTÍFICAS Tlf: 986 49 21 11