On behalf of my co-authors, I am pleased to announce the recent publication:
Noren DP, Johnson S, Boyd D, Ylitalo GM, Lundin J, McCormley M, Jensen ED.
The dynamics of persistent organic pollutant (POP) transfer from female
bottlenose dolphins (*Tursiops truncatus*) to their calves during
lactation. Sci Total Environ. Volume 907, 10 January 2024, 167888,
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2023.167888

Highlights
•Studies on contaminant transfer from female delphinids to calves are
limited.
•This is the first longitudinal study of contaminant transfer in live
dolphins.
•Female milk and blood toxicant levels decline while calf blood levels
increase.
•Female reproductive history and chemical structure influence contaminant
transfer.
•Data are useful for predictive models and evaluating exposure risk to
calves.

Free PDF downloads of the article are available at this link through Dec.
13th: https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1h%7EIeB8ccyhD2
PDFs are also available upon request to dawn.no...@noaa.gov

Dawn Noren, PhD

Research Fishery Biologist, Conservation Biology Division

NOAA Northwest Fisheries Science Center