Would you like to join ORCA’s growing team of at-sea conservation
professionals? We have an exciting opportunity to join our team of Ocean
Conservationists sailing on board DFDS, working on board the Pearl or Crown
Seaways.

*Please note the candidate will need to be fluent in English as well as
either Norwegian or Danish to be eligible for this role. *

With our unique take on marine conservation, ORCA is a charity that’s
entirely dedicated to studying and protecting whales, dolphins and
porpoises around the world. We work to identify and protect critical whale
and dolphin habitats in our waters and beyond. What makes ORCA unique is
our dedication to combining accessible marine education with our
conservation activities, allowing us to give ordinary people opportunities
to take an active role in marine science and conservation.

A key part of ORCA’s education and outreach work is the Ocean Conservation
programme, which we deliver across the world on board ferry and cruise
ships. Working closely with our cruise and ferry partners, Ocean
Conservationists work remotely at sea, inspiring thousands of passengers
every year. The team will educate passengers on the marine wildlife around
them during their voyage and show them the wonders of the ocean.

We are looking for passionate individuals to showcase the diversity and
abundance of wildlife that can be spotted across Norway & Denmark;
encouraging passengers to help protect the whales and dolphins. This
education work is conducted through lectures, or other interactive
activities. In addition, you will be collecting scientific data based on
your sightings using the OceanWatchers app, data that contributes to the
protection of whales and dolphins.

*This role is on a fixed-term basis, week commencing 25/03/2024 - week
commencing 29/09/2024. *You will work remotely on board the vessels with a
3-week on, 3-week off rotation. You must be 18 or over to apply for this
role.

To apply for the Ocean Conservationist role, please send a 2-minute
video outlining
why you think you’d be a good fit for this role and why you want to help
protect whales, dolphins, and porpoises, as well as an up-to-date CV (no
more than 2-pages). Applications should be submitted through the
Application Form on the ORCA website.

The deadline for this position is *1*5th January 2024 23:59 (GMT).

Find out more at www.orca.org.uk/vacancies
Kate Weston | Ocean Conservationist Manager| ORCA | www.orca.org.uk
<http://www.orcaweb.org.uk/>