Do you have a passion for protecting whales and dolphins? Would you like to
join a growing team of at-sea conservation professionals working with the
public to raise awareness for marine conservation? We have an exciting
opportunity to join our team of Ocean Conservationists sailing on board
DFDS, working on board the King or Princess Seaways.

*Please note the candidate will need to be fluent in English, and** the
ability to speak either Dutch or German is beneficial. *

With our unique take on marine conservation, ORCA is a charity that’s
entirely dedicated to studying and protecting whales, dolphins and
porpoises around the world. We work to identify and protect critical whale
and dolphin habitats in our waters and beyond. What makes ORCA unique is
our dedication to combining accessible marine education with our
conservation activities, allowing us to give ordinary people opportunities
to take an active role in marine science and conservation.

A key part of ORCA’s education and outreach work is the Ocean Conservation
programme, which we deliver across the world on board ferry and cruise
ships. Working closely with our cruise and ferry partners, Ocean
Conservationists work remotely at sea, inspiring thousands of passengers
every year. The team will educate passengers on the marine wildlife around
them during their voyage and show them the wonders of the ocean.

We are looking for passionate individuals to showcase the diversity and
abundance of wildlife that can be spotted across the North Sea; encouraging
passengers to help protect the whales and dolphins. This education work is
conducted through lectures, or other interactive activities. In addition,
you will be collecting scientific data based on your sightings using the
OceanWatchers app, data that contributes to the protection of whales and
dolphins.

*This role is on a fixed-term basis, week commencing 01/04/2024 - week
commencing 07/10/2024. *You will work remotely on board the vessels with a
1-month on on, 1-month off rotation. You must be 18 or over to apply for
this role.

To apply for the Ocean Conservationist role, please send a 2-minute
video outlining
why you think you’d be a good fit for this role and why you want to help
protect whales, dolphins, and porpoises, as well as an up-to-date CV (no
more than 2-pages). Applications should be submitted through the
Application Form on the ORCA website.

The deadline for this position is *Sunday 4th February 2024 23:59 (GMT).*

Find out more at www.orca.org.uk/vacancies