Short answer - yes. For it to function correctly it must have all the keys present from the main table in every dimension associated with that main table, even if all the other columns in the dimension are null. This is because internally it is using inner joins rather than left joins. If it used left joins, you wouldn't need to have the null rows in the dimensions.

cheers,
Richard