I sympathize with Richard's attempt to demonstrate to Dan that there is indeed
a form of racism specifically directed at Muslims, but I think the drawing of
parallels to anti-Semitism muddles things.  Anti-Semitism and Anti-Muslim
racism operate according to entirely distinct logics.

A while back I translated a piece from the Berlin-based Gruppe Soziale Kämpfe
concerning the logic of Anti-Muslim Racism (my preferred term, as opposed to
"Islamophobia") that I think is exemplary.

Here is the link:

http://contested-terrain.net/gruppe-soziale-kampfe-anti-muslim-racism-from-above-and-below/