I followed the link Joseph provided and found this article under the heading

"Politicians: January 25 demonstration is not prelude to national uprising."
<http://www.ikhwanweb.com/article.php?id=27918>

I snipped the following:

"Although the “Salafists Movement for Reform” aka “HAFS” announced that it
is going to participate, most of the other Salafy movements are generally
against demonstrations.

Some sources revealed that some Salafis, who have been summoned by the
security forces in Alexandria, received "direct threats of immediate arrest
if they planned to protest against the government, despite the fact that
Salafi preachers and scholars in Alexandria expressed strong reservations
regarding it."

So among the Islamic political groups there is at least ambiguity about the
demonstrations. That tallies with what the Angry Arab has told us. ?to be
fair the  site does give us the information about the arrests of members of
the Muslim Brotherhood who participated int he demonstrations.  However the
article concludes with the following strange remarks:

"We might be living in bad days now, but it could be worse!

But remember that this nation is too precious to be the subject of our
experiments and games!"

It is not clear whether this is a paraphrase or not of the views of Dr.
Yahya Al Gazzaz, leader in the Kefaya Movement.  In any case it does seem to
indicate strong doubts about the efficacy of the protests.  If the protest
movement builds over the next few days and weeks the pressure on the Salafis
to join will I suspect become unbearable.

comradely

Gary