Nomi Prins' on last night's State of the Union:

Watching Obama deliver his State of the Union Speech last night, reminded me
of all the rah-rah quarterly meetings that we had to attend as Managing
Directors at Goldman, where senior management would remind us all of how
great we were, and if there were any areas of competitive weakness relative
to our adversaries at other banks, all we had to do was step up our game,
innovate and globalize (or something like that.)

Obama wasn't delivering a summary of what has, or is, going on for most
Americans last night, no such negative status report. And, if you didn't
expect him to, he gave good speech - full of reminders of how it is
America's destiny and the American dream to be great and powerful, "robust
democracy" that we are.

There was a massive pink elephant in the room called reality though. So,
when he waxed proud when he said, "We are poised for progress. Two years
after the worst recession most of us have ever known, the stock market has
come roaring back. Corporate profits are up. The economy is growing." I had
a different reaction.
My reaction was wtf? Two years after the worst recession? After? Really?

<cut>

Full:
http://www.nomiprins.com/thoughts/2011/1/26/obamas-speech-and-america-inc-1.html