Deadwood writes...

>Maybe Hugh has been inspired by some experience of the mobilization of the
>Swedish working class that he'd like to share with us.
>
>Doug

Actually I can Doug. In fact the largest procentual May 1 demo by the workers movement
took part in a small city just against the Nazis. This was remarkable because
everywhere else the Social Democrats had difficulties mobilizing people to demonstrate.

Unfortunately rather then confront this filth which the syndicalists did with there
antics the Social Democrats and ex Stalinists went in a common demostration under the
popular front slogan of "human rights"..

But even here on the first of May the Nazi's are in the wings trying to provoke and
mobilize..And it is hardly because of some mystical meaning that the Nazi's are
getting louder but it is because the capitalist system is in crisis after the
destruction of the Soviet union. This kind of stuff is one aspect of it.

Just as Littleton which I thought you would bring up in some idiot way is. But the
funny thing about the provacations and murderous attacks here in Europe and in
Littletion is that the Nazi's are targeting at present minority groups where the
Nazi's in Littleton targeted the middle and upper class.

Bob Malecki

PS..Otherwise the first of May was quite interesting. While Goran Persson was making
speeches supporting NATO demonstrators in the same demonstration were marching with
signs opposing NATO! While his own ministers in other cities were condeming the
bombing and Milosevich.

The ex Stalinists have about the same position as the French LCR and procentually had
much higher participation in their demos..Here to were demonstrators which opposed
NATO quite vocally and visually.

It is extremely funny and tragic to see these misleaders doing their number. But the
signs say that the possibility of a deep split both in the Social Democracy and the ex
Stalinists is certainly viable..

Bob