At 12:24 05/05/99 -0400, you wrote:
>http://www.independent.co.uk/stories/B0405918.html
>
>The Independent Online
>
>May 4, 1999
>
>US admits Sudan bombing mistake

A valuable report and I rejoice at it. It is one of the issues that
constrains the would be hegemons of the new global government.

But since you have found the Independent site and therefore pointed it out
to me, and since the Independent is an anti-war paper, can I ask you, or
us, not just to amplify the news that for whatever good motives, and I see
them in many subscribers, objectively argues for appeasement of the crimes
against humanity of the Serbian fascist regime.

This was also on the Independent site.

Chris Burford

London

War in The Balkans -
          Villagers saw more than 100
          men shot

          By Emma Daley in Kukes

          Grief marked the faces of dozens of women and
          girls crossing to safety in Albania from the killing
          grounds of Kosovo yesterday.

          Tears flowed freely as children, wives and sisters
          described the murders of their menfolk by
          Serbian soldiers. "They wore masks and they
          killed my brother right in front of me," said
          22-year-old Nerxhivana Gerxhaliu. "It is not a
          long story. They began beating men and shooting
          others. They formed no lines, they just pulled
          them out of the tractors and killed them."

          A wounded Kosovar refugee is unloaded
          from his tractor trailer at Morini in Albania
          yesterday - AP

          More than 100 men are reported to have been
          dragged from the refugee convoy and shot dead
          by the roadside between the villages of Upper
          and Lower Studime, close to the town of Vucitrn
          in Kosovo. The survivors say the convoy, a
          couple of thousand people forced from their
          homes in the villages, was surrounded on Sunday
          night.

          "They killed my husband before my eyes,"
          Sebaate Gerxhaliu said, blank with grief as she sat
          in a tractor trailer clutching her youngest son. "At
          first they beat the men with rifle butts, then they
          killed them. All through the journey I closed my
          eyes because I did not want to remember the
          scene." Ten men were taken from Mrs
          Gerxhaliu's tractor alone, eight of them relatives.

          "I managed to touch my son once, to lay my hand
          on his wound, and my hand came up covered
          with blood," said another women, Merita, who
          did not want to be identified further because she
          must break the news to other children living
          abroad. "They would not even let us take the
          bodies. We don't know if anyone bothered to
          make a grave for them."

          Another woman, Lulietta Gerxhaliu, also
          witnessed the horrific scenes. "We saw many
          people being killed in front of us - 20 to 30 - and
          we saw more than 100 bodies," she said.

          "They pulled the men from the tractors, asked for
          DM2,000 [£700] and said that anyone who
          could not pay would be killed." But even that was
          not to save Merita's son, as she testified in an
          entirely separate interview. "I gave them
          DM2,000 but they still killed him."

          Once the killing was done, the troops ordered the
          villagers to drive to Vucitrn and even then they
          were screaming and shooting in the air to terrify
          the survivors, who spent the night corralled at a
          farm, guarded by armed men and denied food
          and water. The next morning the Serbs came for
          the surviving men, removing dozens, perhaps
          hundreds of men aged 22 to 55 in trucks and then
          returning, trucks empty, for more. Eventually they
          ordered the convoy to leave at once for Albania.
          "We know at least 200 are gone - we are certain
          of this because we know them all," said
          Nerxhivana Gerxhaliu, who was riding in a
          different tractor. It was not a long story - but it
          was typical of President Slobodan Milosevic's
          blood feud against Kosovo.