On the off-chance that somebody else might be reading Charles Brown's posts, I
thought I would speak for myself  and allow that/those somebody elses to
determine where the slander is and who's the idiot.

My argument with Mark Jones was based on his allegiance to, and "parroting" to
use Mr.Brown's term, of Hubbert's peak oil theories.  The readers, if there be
any, can look at the Marxmail archives, and The Wolf Report at
http://thewolfatthedoor.blogspot.com for details of my position.

In summary, there is no shortage of oil or natural gas; production has not
reached a peak; supplies have not been depleted; and capitalism is not being
driven into war and destruction due to resource scarcity.  The predicament of
oil production is the predicament of capital, namely overproduction and
declining rates of return.

To argue as Mark Jones and his followers do, that this is the manifestation of
absolute geological scarcity is to set the stage for an ideological alignment
along lines of overpopulation, i.e. Malthus.  And if you read the followers of
Hubbert, Campbell, Deffeyes, etc. they are most certainly Malthusian.

If you read the followers of Mark Jones, Stan Goff, Bill Totten, Jon Flanders,
etc. they also become Malthusian.  Even little LouLou Proyect thinks there is
much to be explored and developed in the work of Malthus.  I'm not making that
claim for them.  They stake out that territory themselves.  Read them for
yourself and see.

Now they may call themselves Marxists, but saying it is so, doesn't make it so.
 Jones for example doubted that overproduction analysis could be applied to oil
production, which I think, makes it fair to say that oil then isn't produced as
a commodity, doesn't conform to analyses of surplus value, and can't be
explained by Marxist analysis.  That's not slander.  That's the fact inherent
in such a position.

Read it and weep.  Or not.

S. Artesian